Monday, October 29, 2007
YouTube, according to Mad Skillz
Anyone with Internet access has *probably* heard of YouTube. If you haven't, this is a quick tutorial on what is it. If you are in the majority of surfers in the know, you will likely find this to be funny.
According to Wikipedia.com, YouTube is a popular video sharing website where users can upload, view, and share video clips. Videos can be rated, and the average rating and the number of times a video has been watched are both published. Youtube was created in mid February 2005 by three former employees of PayPal. The San Bruno-based service uses Adobe Flash technology to display video.
Ok ... but what really makes it a cool site is the ability to see videos you'd never, ever see before almost instantly. My first time using YouTube to aid the human race was Christmas Day. I uploaded a couple videos to the site and within an hour or two, my parents were watching their grandson opening his presents. Wow! Modern technology.
However, most of the time, I am looking for the funniest and wackiest stuff on YouTube.
Here are some of the funniest videos YouTube has to offer, according to Mount FU-G. You are welcome to submit your own choices below.
7. Michael Knight PWN3D! I don't enjoy bashing David Hasselhoff, but this video reminds why KITT on Knight Rider wasn't driven by Michael Knight.
6. Little superstar This clip is actually from an Indian movie called "Adisaya Piravi" (do NOT dare ask me to translate). The film, starring Tamil superstar Rajinikanth (who is laying on the couching with the boombox), was made back in 1990. It hit the Internet and has been hot ever since.
5. Baby kick: Tecmo remix I mentioned this video on another blog, but it's still funny as the devil. The dancer scored 2,500 points, btw. Wonder if he got an extra man?
4. Dumb ... This guy decides to "ghost ride" his truck. What's "ghost riding?" According to wikipedia.com, "the term, frequently used in the context of "ghost riding the whip" (a "whip" being a vehicle) or simply ghostin', is when a person puts the car in neutral or allows it to idle and then the driver (and passengers) of a vehicle exit while it is still rolling and dance beside it or on the hood or roof." I wonder ... did his insurance cover this incident?
3. "Woo woo! It's rare that actual new is funny. Two of the final choices were real newscasts. This one was very popular a few years ago, and made the man, Bubb Rubb, a Web celebrity.
2. "To me, it look like a leprechaun to me ... Words can't describe how much I laughed when I first saw this clip. You have to see it to appreciate it.
1. "Daddy is the breadwinner" A former co-worker told me about this video last year. After watching it and taking my inhaler, I have a new appreciation for James Earl Jones. All of the quotes in the clip featuring James Earl Jones are from movies he has starred in. For extra points, name all of the movies he was in.
Honorable mention: Dumbest There is no explanation why this man decided putting a bucket on his head and taking baseballs to his head was a bright idea.
See you next time ... same FU-G place, same FU-G time ...