Saturday, May 8, 2010
Get mom into video games this Mother's Day
So you want to get your mother something awesome for Mother's Day, right? Roses are for wimps - cards and candy are so elementary schoolish. Why not step your game up and get her something that you (and her) can both enjoy?
This year, video gaming has some way fun consoles, handhelds and games that will keep a huge grin on the woman who carried you for nine months. Yes, you know you want to buy her a cool game or handheld, and not, we're not talking about God of War on the PS3 Slim or telling her that MW2 on the 360 is the way to go either. ;)
Here are a few suggestions for last-minute shoppers looking to score major points with their loving mothers this holiday:
1. DSi - bundles vary, but expect to pay $169 and upward. You can give her a regular DSi, or step up to the baby Netbook DSi XL - with three built-in games, including two Brain-Age Express titles.
2. DS games, such as America's Test Kitchen, Picross 3D and Style Savvy, will keep mama's head spinning and addicted to virtual fun.
3. Wii - if she doesn't have one by now, why not? You can wait for the newer ones, which Nintendo claims will be bundled with Wii Sports Resort and the Wii MotionPlus, or get her one now - and let her take it for a spin after her Mother's Day lunch.
4. Price is Right, Family Feud, Press your luck, WiiFit Plus, Just Dance, EA Active and Super Mario Bros. Wii - all great titles to get moma off the couch and playing on the Wii.
5. Xbox 360 and Scene It - or Lips - ok, this is really a stretch, but letting your mom sing the hits (think 'Who let the dogs out?!') is major fun - and Scene It will keep the masses entertained for hours.
So, what do you think would make your mom happy - in the world of video games?
Have a happy, happy Mother's Day!